We all work very hard each day trying to please people, our bosses, friends, family…. (this isn?t a bad thing to do), but I wonder how many times we sit down to think about our lives, appreciate who we are and value our self worth.
According to yourdictionary.com, self worth is your worth as person, perceived by you.
The context of this post isn?t to promote selfishness, but rather provide an opportunity to think about who you are and ENJOY BEING YOU. (Yes YOU!!!!)
The concept of self worth and self esteem are similar, with a few differences. In no particular order, here are a few ways to value your self worth.
- Accept who you are; your race, background, gender… and be comfortable being YOU.
- Believe in yourself; feel good about who you are and what you look like. This sends off more positive signals about who you really are.
- Believe in the constructive dreams you have and be convinced you can achieve it because of the qualities, determination, skills you possess.
- Recognise your strengths and make the most of them not forgetting to work on your weaknesses rather than getting submerged in it.
- Know that you are more than just a body image. There are several positive things about you; it could be your thoughtfulness, kindness, selflessness….
- Be confident about your looks, skills, constructive character and abilities.
- Stand up for what you believe in. (what is right, just and fair)
- Celebrate you achievements no matter how little they seem.
- Don?t beat yourself terribly because of your past or current failures/mistakes. These are golden opportunities to rewrite the scripts of success.
- Remember the ability to make a change for the better lies in your hands.
- Make a decision today to feel worthy of your call and existence because we are all unique in our own ways.
Take a few minutes to relax and think about yourself. Value your self worth; gifts, talents, skills and abilities. Enjoy being you.
I look forward to your comments and suggestions.